We are currently welcoming people who:
- Want to create something Awesome!
- Share their amazing abilities and expertise!
- Take charge of their own destiny!
- Meet really cool new people! Hey, just like yourself!
- Have Fun – Eat – Cook – Dance – Be Social!
- Help other people, lend a hand, be a neighbor!
- Or, just hang out with some really nice people!
We would love to meet you!
Head on over the the contact page, or check out the events page and come see us at one of our Villages Information Sessions and find out all about the Villages.
Members of the River West Village Planning Group have many volunteer opportunities, including participating in short-term projects (e.g. helping develop a website) as well as ongoing activities (e.g. writing and sending press releases). Anyone within the service area can join our the planning group. The success of River West Village will depend upon neighbors who will give of their time, interest and expertise.
We need your help with the following:
- Staff information tables at local fairs, markets, and other public events.
- Identify and coordinate fundraising events and campaigns.
- Develop our Village policies and procedures.
- Update content on the website.
- Maintain databases and records to organize members and resources.
- Take a leadership role on a project team.
- Publicize information sessions and events.
- Present information about the Village movement and River West Village to neighborhood businesses and associations.
- Coordinate Village Information presentations.
- Write press releases.
- Host an informational session in your home.
- Create Flyers.
- Take pictures for the website that highlight RWV Activities.
- Help identify what we need to Age-In-Place.
- Welcome new persons.