River West Village is creating an inter-generational community of like minded neighbors, and planning services that we want to help us stay in the neighborhoods we know and love.
Example of services that we are likely to offer:
- Volunteer Drivers (vetted) for medical appointments, running errands, shopping, social activities, cultural arts, or just a lunch with friends.
- Computer assistance.
- Volunteer training.
- Assistance for using public transportation.
- Home maintenance and repair.
- Light bulb replacement.
- Referrals to vetted plumbers, electricians, yard maintenance, etc…
- Potluck dinners.
- Soup suppers.
- Garden groups.
- Happy hours.
- Coffee meet-ups.
- Movie & Theater groups.
- Bridge, Mah Jongg, cards, and games.
- Salon discussing group.
- Informal gatherings.