River West Village! has a vision of building a community-based network whose purpose is to coordinate services for older adult SW Portland area residents to help them age in place.
With your involvement, members could soon have help to stay in their homes.
- Access to “one call does it all” support and information.
- Assistance from screened and trained volunteers.
- Approved home maintenance and personal home care services often at a discount.
- Social, educational and cultural programs.
Currently in the planning phase, River West Village is a group of dedicated and active volunteers in SW Portland area. We are working to make the Village model a reality in SW Portland and surrounding areas. You, too, can be part of our dynamic planning process.
The River West Village! Planning Group is working to build a successful Village.
- Developing policies, procedures, and an effective infrastructure.
- Marketing the Village to raise awareness.
- Building a strong volunteer base.
- Conducting community needs assessments
- Researching current services and identifying partners
- Raising seed money for current operating costs.
- Identifying an operating budget and raising funds for launch
River West Village! is a local branch (a spoke) in the Villages NW Hub and Spoke Network, which is organized and run by community members in the Portland metro area. Villages NW provides administrative, development, HR and financial services to local Villages.
Our Service Area is generally SW Portland from the Willamette River westward to Beaverton, and north of Lake Oswego.
Click map for larger image.
Highway 26 and 405.
Scholls Ferry Rd
City of Lake Oswego.
Highway 217 and 99w.
Boundaries are somewhat flexible
based on neighborhood integrity
and access to services from other Villages.
Village Zip Codes:
97201, 97219, 97221, 97223, 97239
NOTE: In some cases the entire zip code area may not be included
within the boundaries of River West Village.
Adjoining Service Areas to River West Village:
West: Viva Village – covering the greater Beaverton & E. Washington County.
South: Three Rivers Village – covering Lake Oswego, West Linn, and Oregon City.
Portland Metro Villages:
Hub: Village NW
River West Village – covering West of the Willamette River to Beaverton.
Viva Village – covering the greater Beaverton & E. Washington County.
Three Rivers Village – covering Lake Oswego, West Linn, and Oregon City.
North Star Village – covering Northern PDX.
Village Without Walls – covering Washington County.
Northeast Village PDX – covering Northeast PDX.
Eastside Village – covering Southeast PDX.
River West Village Neighborhoods:
- Arnold Creek
- Collins View
- Far Southwest
- Garden Home
- Healy Heights
- Marshall Park
- South Burlingame
- South Portland
- Southwest Hills Residential League
- Sylvan Highlands (part)
- West Portland Park